Monday 6 June 2022

Ignorance Not Included

Unsee me
Unhear me
No one understands me
Dismiss me
Exclude me
I feel like the whole world is against me

What is even normality
Please don't go running to me and complain about equality
You're too quick to judge, the only skill you possess is discriminatory
You don't even know me or my backstory

Just because I'm autistic
That doesn't make me mentally sick
To me, the world seems black & white
Just because I don't want to talk to you doesn't mean I'm uptight
This doesn't have anything to do with poor parenting
The ignorance you chose to wear on your face, how embarrassing

The painful looks I get from society
I even start to question their fallacy
All this time, things aren't making any sense
I find no bliss in ignorance
You're in my personal space
I'm sick of being forced to wear a mask that doesn't fit my face
I can't be myself when I'm forced to be social
I feel like I'm drowning in exhaustion, I don't have the energy to be reciprocal
Just because I defend myself doesn't mean I'm giving an attitude
"Autistic people aren't empathetic" now you're being rude

"You don't look autistic" Mate, you can't see air
Your ignorance is showing, get out of my hair
High/low functioning, I'm not a fucking robot
Don't question my frustration, I ain't losing the plot
When I meow randomly, that's because I stim
I'm more me when I'm at the gym
I got routines to keep me sane
I ain't a belly dancer, I wasn't born to entertain
Just because I don't like weddings, parties or anything related to Bollywood doesn't mean I'm a party pooper
I ain't a fan of The Big Bang Theory, I'm not like Sheldon Cooper
"Women & girls can't be autistic" that's sexism right here
The ignorance you're wearing is painfully bitter as a pint of beer

There's a difference between having hobbies & interests and obsession
I don't need your input, I'm gonna keep focusing on my passion
I'm not sorry that my love for gym and writing makes you cringe, that's your loss
I'll own you like a boss
I'm not more or less autistic
Get out of my face, you're taking the bloody Mick

Piss off mate, do not call me princess
I ain't going anywhere, just because I feel like wearing a dress
Don't at me just because I don't understand jokes & metaphors
"I'll never take the piss out of someone that's autistic" everyone knows what you're like behind closed doors
Autism ain't a disease
There's zero evidence that autism was caused by the vaccine
I'll stick to wearing tank tops & ripped leggings, I ain't gonna wear a salwar kameez
Just because I cry in public, doesn't mean I'm making a scene
I feel so overwhelmed that I have a meltdown
Sometimes I don't feel safe when I'm in another town

Autism is not a special gift or a different ability
It's a hidden disability
That doesn't mean I'm incapable
Not all disabilities are visible
I wish people would stop saying that it's a dirty word

Don't tell me to keep my autism to myself
You brought this shit on yourself
I'm autistic and I'm proud
You're not welcome in my circle
Read the sign, it says no ableists are allowed
My love for Pokémon, cats, gym and writing remains immortal

No comments:

Post a Comment