Monday 16 August 2021

Anchors (Emotional Punching Bag)

 I've noticed the way that you behave
I've seen it all before
Another friendship trampled on the floor
You didn't treat me as a friend, you treated me like a slave

Your toxicity weighed me down like anchors
I'm not your emotional punching bag
Ganging up on me with another mate, that's a right red flag
I don't need to explain why I've cut you off

I'm not the cause of your insecurities
Don't go bombarding me with your drama, I ain't an emotional punching bag
After all these charities
You're irritating me with your victim mentality like a clothing tag

Drop that 'poor me' act
You've already mistrusted the friendship contract
I'm not sorry that the friendship has died
You can't undo this mess, I've taken back my pride

It's people like you that make me feel lonely
Got me almost drowning deep in the ocean
I bounced back with a billion boundaries
Guess I did the right thing by ending this cold camaraderie
After I've seen your true colours
I don't need people like you in my life, weighing me down like anchors




No comments:

Post a Comment