Monday 28 June 2021

Rise, Rebel, Resist

 Fuck this ultraconservative civilisation
No need to insult me, I'd rather be my own beautician
I don't need your advice on fashion
Living for me is my passion

Intelligence doesn't determine on my university degree
That shit doesn't define me
Don't even start, don't even dare
Find another human to compare

My body, I'll never wear a fucking sari
I'll wear whatever the fuck I want, I'm not fucking sorry
I'd rather wear a vest top & jeans that show my knees
Than look dead & violated in a salwar kameez

I ain't gonna fulfil your morbid fantasy
I ain't no Disney princess, fuck conformity
I'm a queen that worked hard for her crown
London is my hometown
England is my country
I'm more British than Bangladeshi
No one asked you to deny my nationality

Don't you try to guilt-trip me into embracing a meaningless culture
That always favour the men, including my brother
To them, equality doesn't exist
Stay the fuck away from my present and future
Don't think about adding me to your wedding invitation list
Bam, your face just met my fist
That's what you get for leaving pain on my wrist

Three words to live by...Rise, rebel, resist
I am the epitome of self-empowerment


No comments:

Post a Comment