Tuesday 7 May 2024

MEGA (Make Emo Great Again)

 Along time ago
I sat in my room, rocking out to Guitar Hero
It has been an infinite escape from the C-PTSD factory
A place that screams misery loves company
And that is school
Where the idiots tried to take me for a fool
Thank fuck, I'm out of that shithole
One time, I discovered Kohl

So, let's make emo great again
Headbanging to A Day To Remember while writing poems and wearing black eyeliner, that's my jam
"You can't sit with us!" I don't want to, you can't follow me on Instagram
"You'll grow out of this emo shit!" That's a lie
The emo in me will never die
It was never a phase
Make my way to Sainsbury's to get myself a Kerrang mag on Wednesdays

Going to see my favourite band live is more my scene
I'm still that emo cat queen
Since my quads got bigger, I switched from black skinnies to black leggings
I ain't got time for South Asian weddings

Let's make emo great again
Let's go shopping in Camden
Yay! I see Pokémon
Gotta get them all before they're gone
Ooh this fit is cute and it's in black
I hear Teenage Dirtbag playing through the speakers, throwback

It's not a phase, mum
I bought all the clothes and eyeliner with my income
So, it's a lifestyle
Quoting lyrics on my MySpace profile
Girly dancing to Avenged Sevenfold, that's valid
More valid than your broken ballad

I'm still making emo great again
Got a paper and a pen?
Coming right back like a boomerang
You tell them, Smash Into Pieces
Gotta meet up with my cat gang
I'm hungry, I'm gonna have some Reese's

MEGA!
Another way of shouting SEGA!




No comments:

Post a Comment