Tuesday 27 February 2024

Shadow Of Silence

 I've waited so long for this mask to fall
These daggered eyes make my skin crawl
All these years, I've been trapped under this facade
I felt that my life was a fraud
The thought of being normal is the bane of my existence
I become so reserved, that I start to keep my distance

There I was, thinking that I was insane
When I was living through my pain
Dying to be seen
Dying to be heard
Destroying the things that make me happy, why are they being so fucking mean?
Shhh don't even say a word

It's time to end this masquerade
It's my time to revive and now it's your turn to taste this bitter blade
I don't believe in being the bigger person
Being positive all the time is such a burden
These unsolicited comments violate my soul
Don't give me that eye roll


Fear me, I am the shadow of silence
you'll know pain, you'll know the true face of violence
I'll burn your ego to the ground
Fuck that, I won't come around
Time to turn that fragile smile of yours upside down
You think you know me? Get outta town










No comments:

Post a Comment