Thursday 5 January 2023

05/01/21

Dear grandma,

It's been more than a year
I still find it hard to believe that you're not here
You left this world since the third lockdown
I'll see you again when my soul leaves the ground

 I'm not kidding when I say wake me up when January ends
These weekends won't be the same anymore
On this day, I'm torn into pieces
When grief speaks, it increases

I remember when I was a kid, you used to put Jungle Book
Only to get me to eat my food, even though I didn't look
That was when you decided to give Donnie the nickname, Bhagira
and Mowgli was the nickname for cousin Noah
Remember playing Super Mario games on the Super Nintendo
Trust me, you were a pro

I wish I wasn't pretending to be okay
I still think about you every day





No comments:

Post a Comment